10 Videos (60 min total)
“It don’t mean a thing, if it ain’t got that swing!” Jazz, rock, blues, and many other styles of music make use of a swing feel and this course is designed to help you find it. In addition to pattern examples, a 12 bar blues, and unique techniques such as the triplet strum and muting, you’ll learn a song called, ‘Uke Got Rhythm’, complete with tablature, chords, and strum pattern. With this course you’ll be able to swing with the best of them.
Jazz and Swing Strumming Videos:
1. Swing Beatboxes – Introduction to the swing/shuffle/triplet feel and how it is denoted
2. 12 Bar Blues – The typical blues song structure and practice
3. Triplet Strumming – Proper technique for triplets & how to even them out
4. Fret Hand Muting – AKA the “pinky mute” and tips to perform it easily
5. Muted Swing Strum – Combining the techniques to make it swing
Song Practice: Uke Got Rhythm
6. Rhythm Changes Intro – Using all 3 of the main techniques
7. Section A Strumming
8. Section B Strumming
9. Section A Picking
10. Section B Picking
+ BONUS Play-Along Videos for each section, both strumming & picking, and at various slowed-down speeds
Matt Dahlberg is an ukulele teacher and performer based in Seattle, Washington. A former student of Aldrine Guerrero, Matt has gone on to become a much sought after ukulele instructor teacher over 4000 lessons over the course of the past 6 years. Recalling his own struggles learning to strum the ukulele, Matt has developed his own method of teaching beginners how to master strumming. If you’ve been struggling with strumming and strumming patterns, Matt’s Ultimate Strumming Course might be just what you have been looking for.