6 Videos (27 min total)
I created this course to break down strumming in a way that removes any guesswork. Whether you are new to the ukulele, or have struggled with even the most basic strum patterns, this method will allow you to confidently learn several basic patterns in a way that just works. I’ve never had a student who couldn’t go zero to strumming with this method.
Basic Strumming Videos:
1. How to Hold Your Ukulele – Complete instruction on proper positioning
2. Strumming Essentials – How to get comfortable with the right motions
3. How to Read Strum Patterns – Demystifying basic strum pattern symbols
4. Your First Strumming Pattern – A simple but effective pattern
5. The Calypso Pattern – One of the most common ukulele strumming patterns
6. The Waltz Pattern – A challenging but useful pattern to test your skill
Matt Dahlberg is an ukulele teacher and performer based in Seattle, Washington. A former student of Aldrine Guerrero, Matt has gone on to become a much sought after ukulele instructor teacher over 4000 lessons over the course of the past 6 years. Recalling his own struggles learning to strum the ukulele, Matt has developed his own method of teaching beginners how to master strumming. If you’ve been struggling with strumming and strumming patterns, Matt’s Ultimate Strumming Course might be just what you have been looking for.